IMPORTANT SERVICE UPDATE: COVID-19
To our valued customers,
We take our responsibility to our customers, staff and the local community we serve very seriously. During the COVID-19 outbreak we will continue to make this our top priority, and always ensure that we are following the latest government advice. This page will be updated as that advice changes over the coming days and weeks.
TRADE CUSTOMERS AND THOSE WITH ESSENTIAL NEEDS
The latest government announcement instructs all non-essential shops to close, but this expressly excludes ‘home and hardware’ shops, a sector of which our stores are a part. Whilst this means we could continue trading as normal, we believe we have a duty to our employees and customers to take additional measures to protect their health.
We have therefore taken the decision to only serve customers in our stores who have an ‘essential’ need of our products for their livelihood or healthy living conditions. This means that our store will only be open for the following two customer groups:
- Trade customers, many of whom are self-employed, who need our products to do their jobs and earn an income. The government has stated that construction work should continue, and supply of the materials necessary for this to happen is therefore essential.
- Other customers who have unfinished renovation work on their bathrooms or kitchens, and who need our products to complete this work and ensure they have safe and hygienic washing and cooking facilities in their homes.
We have therefore decided that our stores will be open for these two customer groups only, with strict social distancing procedures for visiting customers:
- Our showroom doors will be locked to the general public and not open for browsing
- Customers in the two groups mentioned above will be admitted on a one-in one-out basis
- Customers who have symptoms of Coronavirus or have been in contact with someone who has symptoms in the last 14 days are kindly asked not to come to our stores and to follow the published self-isolation guidance
- Customers and employees will follow social distancing guidelines at all times whilst in the store
- We will not be taking cash payments in store at this time
- Staff will follow strict hygiene procedures, washing hands thoroughly and cleaning the counter between customers
STORE OPENING TIMES
Please note that all our stores will be closed on Saturdays and Sundays for next few weeks. The opening times for each store detailed on this website are the times when staff will be there, to take your phone calls and to welcome the customer groups specified above.
CUSTOMERS WITH EXISTING ORDERS
If you have placed an order with us already, we will aim to fulfil this as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our staff will be in touch with you to make the necessary arrangements in the next few days.
OTHER CUSTOMER GROUPS
Whilst our stores are closed to the public for browsing, we are still able to help in the following ways:
- A good first step is to phone your local branch. Together, we can narrow down what you are looking for and our experienced team can identify a selection of samples that are most likely to meet your requirements. We should then be able to deliver samples directly to your home, whilst ensuring that we follow the latest guidelines on social distancing
- We’ll also make sure the samples are cleaned before they get to you
- If you need some expert help, our experienced team are just a phone call away. You can call the usual branch phone number shown at the top of the page.
- We can also answer any other questions when we deliver the samples – always from a safe distance
- Once you have decided what you would like, you can order all your tiles, grout, adhesives, tools and accessories over the phone
- We are pleased to offer a fast and efficient delivery service and it’s FREE